Friday, February 11, 2011

Finishing Strong...

I am in my last week here in Haiti. It's a little bit crazy. I have been running full speed ahead for the past 10 days and my last 6 seem to be all booked up as well.

We had two teams here last week, got a new child in our orphanage, I fell down the stairs, I went to Jacmel twice, had a person in the guesthouse that was a BIT more high maintenance than the normal guest, and had one my dearest and closest friends visit. Jam Packed!

I am not in the process of trying to transition my head from all the Haiti things to things like, getting a job!

I am leaving today and heading to Les Cayes to see Lionel's family one more time before heading back to the States next week. I'll try to write more after Les Cayes about the kids here, and things I've been trying to wrap up and how I'm feeling about transitioning. Until then, wish me lots of seafood and sun on the beach! (Those things may or may not be waiting for me in Les Cayes.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous about the beach stuff but praying for you to make a smooth transition. We can't wait to have you back in our world (wait did I just say that!) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe that your time on this trip is almost over. I will be praying for a smooth transition back to the U.S.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete