Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dear American Airlines...


I know this is more baggage than I am supposed to bring, but...

I'm going for 5 months, AND the big grey bag is filled with paperwork for a bunch of orphans in Haiti, AND I'm already paying you an extra 100 dollars to check that luggage, so can you just let my 52 lb bags pass for 50 lb bags, just this once???

That's the speech I am rehearsing in my head over and over again...hoping that I don't get charged tons of overage fees. I'm sure I have overpacked and I'll get to Haiti and wonder why I thought so many of the things that seems ABSOLUTELY necessary while packing even made it on my "maybe" list. If the American Airlines folks don't seem to be impressed with my rehearsed antics, perhaps I will drop my father's name and his elite status with the airline...not sure that will help either. So I guess I'm just wishing, and praying, and hoping that I can save my 50 dollars of overage fees for something more important down the line. I'll let you know how that turns out. I'm also hoping to not lose any zippers on any bags, or have giant holes ripped through them because of all the weight...we'll see!

I leave for Haiti in a little less than 36 hours...so excited!

I'm in Chicago tonight and tomorrow night catching up with some friends before heading out. I love that the time until my departure is measured in hours now instead of days. I have a lot of things on my "to do" list to accomplish tomorrow...but I think I can do it!


2 comments:

  1. I miss you so much:( I rejoice in what God has prepared for you to do though. I rejoice!

    mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you. Safe travels. Say "hey" to Leonard, Gertrude, and the rest.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete