Thursday, September 2, 2010

Surrounded by Love...

I'm in Minnesota for a couple days for Haiti Mission Project (HMP) board meetings, getting bank stuff in order before leaving for Haiti, AND celebrating my Godson Noah's 5th Birthday. Last night we had a long HMP meeting. I can't say enough how much I love and respect the 4 people I work with on the HMP board. Lindsey Burken, Andy Jolivette, Joanna Thiele, and Danielle Tietjen are fantastic friends and wonderful, intelligent, caring people. We've been working together for a while, and it was so great to sit around last night and listen to each of my fellow board members talk about the work of the HMP, our individual work in Haiti, and our hopes for the future. I am honestly excited for the future of what we are doing in Haiti and I'm so proud to say that I am part this group...they inspire me and encourage me into new things! Not only is it fun to talk about the future of the HMP, but also they are a huge encouragement to me as I get ready to move to Haiti for 5 months. They were so great and prayed for me before we ended the meeting. I was sitting in a chair, surrounded by 4 people I love and respect and heard them praying for me, for my friends and family, and for my upcoming trip. Now I feel ready!

One week from today I'll already be in Miami, waiting for my flight into Port Au Prince. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment