Thursday, November 4, 2010

Does the Crazy ever stop...

I haven't written in a week. Not because I'm lazy, or because I don't care...but because things have been significantly crazy. In my life I always say things like, "I'll get to rest tomorrow...or next week." The rest doesn't usually come. I usually find ways to fill my time. But here, it seems something is ALWAYS trying to fill my time. I like the crazy. I function well in this kind of crazy so it's ok.

The team that was here pretty much rocked! They did a ton of work up with the Lutheran Church and started work at Providence Guesthouse with the rebuild. The wall is officially going up. This will once again bring safety to the grounds keeper there and the belongings that are still there after the earthquake! They were a great group of guys, and I was honestly sad to see them go!

My dear friend Lindsey was here for a week. I love my life in Haiti, but it very rarely feels normal to me. Having Lindsey here brought some of my normal back to me! We got to laugh, eat tons of candy, and sing to kids...in Kreyol. Lindsey is such a good friend and I was so happy to have her here for just a little bit.

We also had the added excitement of me going to the Embassy with one of our kids to finalize a medical visa. I was nervous...but it all worked out and our little girl took off for the States with Lindsey yesterday to get the medical care she needs. I won't lie...when Lindsey called to tell me they made it to Florida, I had quite the feeling of accomplishment that we actually were able to help this one little girl. There are 37 other children here that still need an advocate...so the work doesn't stop yet.

Now...there's a hurricane coming...or maybe it's just a tropical storm. We're getting ready for it here. The wind has already started and the sky is grey. I'll be around home for the next couple days. Hopefully we'll be able to get a lot of work done and the storm won't bring too much crazy. We'll see. I'll try to update more in the next couple days. I'm sorry for not updating more in the last week...I'll try to stay more on top of it!

Pray for all of those in inadequate housing, or no houseing at all...the storm will be a lot harder for them to handle. I've already called friends that I have in tents or other less-stable housing to tell them to come stay with me.

More to come.

1 comment:

  1. What an Angel you have been. C thanks you, we thank you and I am sure more thank you as well. She would not have been here without your tenacity and stick to it ness.

    Blessings
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete