Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Out with the team...

I was out with the team yesterday. They worked really hard up at the Lutheran School at Delmas 89. Seriously, taking a work team of 8 young adult males somewhere, definitely makes me feel like I have little to add to the manual labor end of things!

I got to see a ton of people yesterday that I know and love here in Haiti though, so THAT was awesome.

As far as the cholera goes...I saw a lot of efforts throughout the city to educate people. I haven't heard news of what the spread it like, but the death reports seem to be dropping...maybe they're slowing down, or maybe they're not being reported. I really can't say.

Things in PAP seem to be running as usual, except sometimes you see trucks with people with sound systems telling crowds what to do to protect themselves from cholera. It's nice to see these efforts. Everyone here can probably handle a little more medical information on what to do when they have illness caused by bateria/other stuff in their water. And they can definitely stand to know more about this illness Cholera because they haven't seen it on this island in a long long time.

I even had Haitians telling me to be careful yesterday and making sure I knew about Cholera! One man reprimanded me for biting my nail. Fantastic... (don't worry, i was probably hand sanitized!)

So we're off to the city today to see what we can find. Thanks for checking in...thanks for following along. Thanks for your care and concern for the people of Haiti.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the day was a good one! Glad to hear that. Keep up the good work. Thinking of and praying for you all.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Listen to the Haitian man - Stop biting your nails! Come back home safe! I will make it my personal Thanksgiving mission to fill your tummy with so many "disinfecting" agents (preferably from Napa) that your internal organs become a hostile environment to any strain of bacteria or viruses! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have things been going lately? How are you holding up?

    Jammie

    ReplyDelete