Sunday, October 24, 2010

Quick Post...

I didn't get a chance to post last night, but if in case anyone is checking my blog I wanted them to know what we've been up to. The word is that there are a few isolated cases in Port Au Prince. I'm not sure those reports are confirmed or not. I haven't heard anything about widespread cholera in my neck of the woods.

I had team arrive yesterday. We past out well over 100 bars of soap and information tracks in our neighborhood about Cholera. We gave out everything we had. I'll write more about that later.

I've printed out tons more to hand out at Gertrude's church in our neighborhood and I'll carry some up to the Lutheran Church where I worship as well.

It's hard to get news here. I don't have TV and I don't understand the radio. I can check online news when I have internet, or the time to read all of the internet stories. I'll be gone most of the day today, but I'll try to write a more informed post later.

Thank you for your prayers, thanks to those who have donated to help us in our little corner of Port Au Prince.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel-we've been thinking about you and the orphanage. Please continue to post about the cholera threat and how we can plug in. I posted about it on our trip blog: http://thehaitianchronicles.posterous.com/our-friend-rachel-talks-about-cholera-in-the

    We are praying for all of you.

    Wes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I'll keep checking to see what can be done to help out. Thank you for all that you are doing to keep people safe.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete