Saturday, October 16, 2010

And there was much rejoicing!!!
So I came down with strep throat the other day. Crazy. I clearly do not have the immune system I need to live in a house with 38 children. Luckily I live in a country where antibiotics are not so hard to come by...I did have to wait two days and it was a little touch and go there for a while, but...I did get them!
The first day when I was feeling particularly horrible and not all that happy, Gertrude came in my room with the good news that we finally had the passport for this cute little munchkin! All it took was a month of fighting. Sometimes I had to make myself look like a complete and utter fool...speaking English that no one understood, and speaking kreyol that no one understood. I was talked about, ignored, laughed at, come on to, and even once told that if I had a baby for a guy at immigration he would give me the passport. Needless to say it has NOT been an easy process. Partly because I don't know what I'm doing, and partly becaues a lot of the sysyem is whack.
But we've got it. And now we can focus on obtaining the medical visa so this girl can have some work down on her legs and feet to see if she can become a little more mobile! I'm sure she is really confused and no idea what's going on. But I know there are people ready to receive her on the US side that will love her and take really good care of her! So...we're rejoicing in that!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God. This news made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up. Needless to say, I'm in tears. If this little love is gone before I come, give her a HUGEST OF HUGE hugs from me please!!! So happy for her! Abby

    ReplyDelete